Has it really been a year? I have so many things to be blessed for, so many things to be thankful about.
December in '10, our church did a xmas program. I performed with my besties, and we did a superb job, if I do say so myself. ;) On Christmas Day, it snowed. What a GORGEOUS SIGHT. If you live in GA, you'd be as excited as I was when it started snowing. In this state, it never snows, so that was a huge deal. *What a blessing!*
In January, my brother bought himself a car, which I guess you can afford to do when you have such a frugal guy like my bro. <3
In February, I turned a year older. I had a party with loads of people and got loads of gifts. These people are my best friends and I can't tell you how blessed I am to have such godly friends, who encourage and love me.
I also got my haircut. Dun-dun-dun!! I got bangs. Yes, huge shocker. I hadn't had bangs since I was 5. My best friend made me, and I am thankful she did, because it looked great. . . until 2 months later, and I decided to grow them back out again.
A group of us kiddos also went bowling, in February. An old friend, who lives in Iowa, comes to GA every winter/spring semester, and does college. We decided to welcome him back by going bowling. :)
In March, our church had an outdoor bonfire/dance! It was loads of fun. . can't wait to do it again. My best friend(s) also had their violin recital. They both sounded beautiful! They have both been playing for about 9 to 10 years. Their teacher attends our church, who btw, is an excellent teacher.
In April, My best friend and I celebrated our other friends birthday. It was a special time, to just be together and fellowship. <3 We also celebrated Easter with the whole family. I still can't thank God enough for what a blessing my family is! A great blessing, families are. <3
In May was when things started to get hectic, and NOT slow down! The beginning of the month started with my cello recital. It was my very first one, and I was overcome with fear. But by God's enduring mercy and strength, I got through it...AND without getting sick! :D Later in the weeks, My friend from my old school, (Geneva Christian Academy) had a birthday party! The theme was to dress up as any Disney character. I had a lot of trouble on this one, because dressing up is not my forte. But alas, isn't that what friends are for? ;) My bestie decided that she be Rapunzul (From the movie, 'Tangled') , her best friend be Flynn Rider, and I would be Mother Gothel. . the evil step-mother. I so enjoyed playing the part! I thought I did a pretty good job. ;) Later in the month, it was homeschool day at Six Flags! What loads of fun that day was. I even persuaded my parents to tag along ;) . . We all had a great time. Close to the end of the month, my best friend and I have been helping a dear lady from our church take photos at an event called, "Petfest!" It's lots of fun b/c it gives my best friend and I the opportunity to take pics and to get experience from it. The next weekend, we have a family in our church who hosts an annual picnic, for Memorial's Day! It's a day we all anticipate throughout the year, and we all have a blast!
The beginning of June, our family went camping, with the exception of my brother and cousin. :( It was very sad that they couldn't attend with us, but I guess when you have a job, it's hard to take days off. We went camping for a long weekend up at Vogel State Park. It was nice to just wake up whenever, spend time with the whole family, take walks, go walk in the creek. Such a nice, relaxing weekend. Later in the month, 7 of us buddies went to Virginia for a week to attend a family bible conference! Man, talk about a convicting and edifying weekend. What a blessing to be able to spend time with other believers. <3
In July, our family plus Grandma and bestie went to FL! Ohhh, talk about having the best.time.ever. We were gone for exactly one week, and It was so much fun!! I got to spend time with best friend, get tan, go shelling, go swimming, share a room with bestie. . what a great time! We also had a formal dance at the church. A good friend decided to take his time and teach, those who attended, us how to dance! We did Scottish Dancing, Waltzing, Swing Dancing, and some Broom Dancing. What a fun-filled night. That weekend, I went to NC with my bestie and her family, and we spent time with her family for the weekend. My bestie and I got to attend a classical concert, and it was amazing. The musicians were breath-taking. It was beautiful to hear. <3
As of right now, we're in August! Nothing like vacation has happened. . yet ;) But school has started for public schoolers. . which I still can't believe. It's like the second week of August...I mean, dude! Isn't that early? But anywho...I don't start school 'til the last week of August..so I've still got a couple weeks left 'til all the fun is over. ;)
Anyway, that's been half a year's load so far. For anyone who takes their time to read this, thank you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment